YOUR FUTURE ROADS & TRAILS!
FNSB Community, did we get them right?
COME TELL US. IN-PERSON.
Did you receive a postcard about the open houses?
- DRAFT Roads and Trails Plan maps indicate a potential road or trail might cross your or a neighbor’s property.
- Property may be affected by these potential roads or trails, if the land is ever subdivided.
- Open houses and information on the project websites are opportunities for you to review and share thoughts and ask questions.
- As a property owner and community member, we need your feedback!
What to Expect.
- We will have maps covering most areas of the borough with draft future roads and trails.
- You can write or share your comments with the project team.
- The project team will also share information, listen, and answer your questions about how specific roads and trails were selected, moved, or removed from the draft maps, and next steps.
To evaluate and update the 1991 Comprehensive Roads Plan in order to improve the current and future road network by creating appropriate and strategic road corridors and access points across the borough.
This process aims to:
Download and share the project flyer:
WHAT IS A COMPREHENSIVE ROADS PLAN?
About the Plan
What has and has not been accomplished from the 1991 Plan?
Review of the 1991 Plan
Who is leading and guiding the process?
The Fairbanks North Star Borough is leading the process with assistance from Fairbanks and Anchorage-based contractors, PDC Engineers (lead contractor, mapping and technical expert) and Agnew::Beck Consulting (public involvement lead).
An Advisory Steering Committee comprised of residents, Road Service Area Commissioners, transportation experts, developers, surveyors, engineers and public agency representatives are helping to guide the process.
WE NEED YOUR INPUT!
Sign up for email updates.
Receive no more than six emails, between now and Spring 2022, with important project news.
Tell us what You THink.
Share a comment or question. Email or call FNSB Project Managers and the Public Involvement Team.
Launch & Discover
Convene Steering Committee.
Conduct initial research.
SUMMER 2021-SUMMER 2022
Learn & Listen
Invite public input.
Compile and analyze data.
Develop vision and goals.
WINTER 2021-SUMMER 2022
Draft & Review
Gather community input on vision, goals, strategies, and maps.
Develop draft plan.
Finalize & Adopt
- NEW! What is Functional Classification?
- NEW! November 2021 FAST Planning Road Service Area Expansion Plan
- Road Network Existing Conditions Map Set
- 6-3-21 FNSB Roads Plan Existing Conditions Technical Memorandum (13MB)
- 2006 Update to the 1991 FNSB Comprehensive Road Plan (9.5MB)
- 1991 FNSB Comprehensive Road Plan